Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Alphabetical Monster Thing Available As A .pdf...

...you must be shitting me. No fucking way.

The whole thing is available right here in friendly HTML, with no download bullshit, no file-size issues, no compatibility issues, no waiting around to flip to the next page. Seriously, you want a pdf? When you hear music you like do you go "That was awesome, but can I get it on wax cylinder?" Plus the originals have all the peoples' comments with their ideas about monsters, many of which were brilliant even if I never did get around to saying it.

12 comments:

Erin Palette said...

See, now I'm tempted to compile all those posts into a PDF, just to be perverse.

squidman said...

Whoah! Man! Great link!

Anonymous said...

Man oh Man-o-war, what are people, lazy or something?

Thanks again for this, Zak. Great to have it all together.

mordicai said...

The "...& illustrate it!" thing makes it a decent pitch? Or really, I just like your fantasy art & would like to see more of it, is what I mean.

Nagora said...

Yes. Who ever heard of compatibility issues with HTML? Oy vey!

Chris said...

Fair enough. Twas just a thought. ;)

Urban Wild Cat said...

But seriously, can we get it on a wax cylinder?

Jeremy Murphy said...

I would actually prefer a clay tablet. Preferably with text in cuneiform. But that's just the archaeologist in me talking.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we shat you.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the next book: "We rolled dice."
:)

Travis said...

I think I'll stick with the Monster Manual. The main thing is you enjoyed writing your commentary and it passed some time while you were sick.

Anonymous said...

This whole series rocked. But I don't need the wax cylinder version until the internet/website breaks and then I'll be sorry. So I'd better get it.

Anonymous said...

Going through random posts and found your month's old "wax cylinder" burn against PDFs. You rock.

God I hate those things.